Portugal comes back stronger, and more responsible than ever focusing on the Events Industry trends. 19 April is the date when events are possible again in this magical destination, and all the stakeholders are prepared, while having redesigned their business processes to excel in being even more Attractive, promise Safety, and lead in Sustainability. The Portuguese Touristic Sector has made a huge investment to remodel its services based on trust. Crucial to highlight Portugal as a safe destination has been the Safety Certification, regulated by the Portuguese Government.
As destination experts, we have made a list of 4 main trends to plan your Event in Portugal successfully.
Fully integrate Sustainability into your Events
With strong scientific consensus about the climate crisis, sustainability is a huge pressing concern and one of the key events industry trends. Events haven’t escaped widespread scrutiny for their environmental impact, forcing the industry to seek innovation and alignment. Now more than ever is the moment to fully integrate sustainability in your events, here is how:
- Open Air Activities with a connection to nature
- Food & Beverages: locally produced, seasonal menus and ecological products
- Online Registrations by QR Badges/Online Check-in/out
- Avoid printing and convert all communication into your Event App.
- Walking Distance versus vehicle transfers
Apply the Design Thinking methodology to your event planning process
- Adapt and transform your engagement strategies with a Design Thinking methodology to create meaningful human connections in a hybrid world, mixing outdoor with indoor setups to guarantee distance security & ventilation.
- Dividing a big group into smaller groups once in the destination, will allow you to discover the essence of the destination and to have a deeper immersion to the local Portuguese culture to new locations that never have been shown before to corporate groups.
New Staff Roles
The pandemic has been profoundly disruptive to the events industry. New roles emerged to ensure the success and safety of our events. Some of the new talents that will help you shape your event are:
- Covid-19 Supervisors
- Social distance Coordinators
- Distribution and Seating managers
- Hygiene Control
- Cleaning & Desinfection Supervisors
- Temperature Control
Ovation Portugal DMC is prepared to receive events in its destination. A good DMC on the ground can save hours of precious time – and money – by providing knowledge, expertise, creativity, and suppliers that match client’s needs precisely.
Contact us and we will make it happen!
Meet the Team
Sonia Nicolau Procurement Director/Health & Safety Coordinator
With more than 20 years experience in the events industry, Sonia is a pillar in the big Ovation Family. She describes herself as a Sun and Food lover. For that reason Portugal is her Top Destination.
“During the pandemic, I focused my energy on providing the Team with sources of information towards the evolution of the virus in our destination, while ensuring that additional safety measures are integrated into our processes. Meanwhile I continued to investigate and approve new innovative and sustainable partners and vendors for our company.”
Ana Rita Vaz – Project Director
With over a decade of experience, Ana Rita’s attention to detail and her love for Portugal is most obvious. “Portugal is my passion, and organizing unforgettable events that create life long memories will always be my goal, so you expect passionate, client-focused and truly dedicated support from me!”