Known as ‘Asia Minor‘ in ancient times, Turkey protrudes from the depths of Asia into the eastern Mediterranean.
- Surrounded by the Black Sea to the North, the Aegean to the West and the deserts of Arabia to the South, this is one destination which isn’t lacking in natural amenities.
- Since the dawn of time, this land of mountain ranges, high plateaus and fertile river valleys has been the dividing line between Europe and Asia.
- Anatolia was also the nucleus of the Byzantine Empire with its capital in Constantinople.
- Here, early Christianity first took root only to be replaced with the advent of Islam, first under the Arabs, and then under the Seljuk and Ottoman Turks. This period saw the frontiers of their empire stretch from the Persian Gulf to the Atlantic and from the Indian Ocean to Vienna.
- An incentive trip to Istanbul wouldn’t be complete without a visit to one of the dozens of steam-filled historic hamams, or bathhouses, located around the city.
- Among the most beautiful is the 16th-century Kılıç Ali Pasha, which recently underwent a multi-million-dollar restoration that’s returned it to its original glory. One of 56 bathhouses designed by the legendary Ottoman architect Mimar Sinan.
Since the beginning of history, Turkey, well known as one the earliest settlements, has continued to flourish with the migration of various tribes, and accumulated a large cultural heritage through a line of succeeding empires and civilizations.
Based in Istanbul, Ovation Turkey DMC forms part of Ovation Global DMC, the Destination Services network offering consistent, seamless world-class destination management services across 100+ locations around the globe.
Take a look at our sample programmes to find out how you can make the most of your group’s trip to Turkey.
Delalzade Sok No:38-1 Ortaköy, Beşiktaş / İstanbul, TurkeyContact
Keep up to date with the latest industry news and take a closer look at Ovation's local highlights.
When in-person events return; what does the venue say about your event?
How much do our surroundings affect the way we think and feel? Read more14 October, 2020
The Maltese Islands are a tale of sun, sea and stone
Malta, islands steeped in ancient history and culture, sunlit limestone and crystal-clear seas. Read more13 October, 2020