Known as ‘Asia Minor‘ in ancient times, Turkey protrudes from the depths of Asia into the eastern Mediterranean.
- Surrounded by the Black Sea to the North, the Aegean to the West and the deserts of Arabia to the South, this is one destination which isn’t lacking in natural amenities.
- Since the dawn of time, this land of mountain ranges, high plateaus and fertile river valleys has been the dividing line between Europe and Asia.
- Anatolia was also the nucleus of the Byzantine Empire with its capital in Constantinople.
- Here, early Christianity first took root only to be replaced with the advent of Islam, first under the Arabs, and then under the Seljuk and Ottoman Turks. This period saw the frontiers of their empire stretch from the Persian Gulf to the Atlantic and from the Indian Ocean to Vienna.
- An incentive trip to Istanbul wouldn’t be complete without a visit to one of the dozens of steam-filled historic hamams, or bathhouses, located around the city.
- Among the most beautiful is the 16th-century Kılıç Ali Pasha, which recently underwent a multi-million-dollar restoration that’s returned it to its original glory. One of 56 bathhouses designed by the legendary Ottoman architect Mimar Sinan.
Since the beginning of history, Turkey, well known as one the earliest settlements, has continued to flourish with the migration of various tribes, and accumulated a large cultural heritage through a line of succeeding empires and civilizations.
Based in Istanbul, our Ovation Turkey DMC office is a well respected Strategic partner. MEP Destination Business Solutions is specialized in incentives, meetings and conferences all through Turkey. MEP has the leader position in the market, having been bestowed some of the industry’s most prominent accolades over the years such as several M&IT Awards for Best Overseas Destination Management Company. MEP’s client profile consists of some of the premier brands in a variety of industries.
Take a look at our sample programmes to find out how you can make the most of your group’s trip to Turkey.
Mecidiyeköy, Büyükdere Cad. Gün Apt. No:26 D:3, Şişli/İstanbul - Avrupa, TurkeyContact
Keep up to date with the latest industry news and take a closer look at Ovation's local highlights.
2022 … and What’s Next?
2022 is coming to a close and we can confidently say that it’s been a year of achievements but also challenges. Read more13 December, 2022
IBTM World 2022
Another chance to meet us in Barcelona! IBTM World 2022! Our team is looking forward to meeting you! Read more26 October, 2022