When thinking of Taiwan, the words “Made in Taiwan” (MIT) on products may be the first impression that springs to mind. The sweet-potato-shaped island, however, has much more to offer despite its small size.
- Hailed as “Asia’s best-kept secret” by National Geographic Traveler.
- Taiwan is home to an astonishing array of natural wonders, great hot springs, highly-regarded cuisine and one of the world’s top museums.
- Taiwan is also a culture trove preserving the essence of Chinese culture, as exemplified by the National Palace Museum and puppet shows.
- Looking for modern glamour? Taipei, the capital of the island, is a mecca of Chinese pop culture, boasting an impressive music pedigree and a slew of traditional performing arts reinvented in contemporary forms.
- Taiwanese cuisine, widely acclaimed by the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, is not to be missed combining as it does the culinary arts of Fujian, Hakka, Chinese, Japanese which in itself is a miniature of Taiwan’s various ethnic backgrounds in one harmonious mix.
- Imagine a country smaller than Switzerland in which you can travel on a train faster than the Eurostar, pass the Tropic of Cancer and travel from a 3,000m high mountain to a tropical resort in just 24 hours.
Now, you have glimpsed the beauty of Taiwan. If you think it’s impossible to attend business meetings, go sightseeing, shop and indulge in a little gourmet trip on the same day, come to Taiwan and let us show you how conveniently any mission impossible can be achieved.
Through its Strategic Partner Programme Ovation is pleased to work with Taiwanlook a subsidiary of the GIS group, widely acclaimed for the orchestration of innovative meeting services since 1991. Operating from offices in Taipei City, the combined expertise of the team at Taiwanlook enables them to tailormake and deliver highly focussed, innovative and inspirational client programmes each with a unique touch of Taiwanese culture.
We provide world-class DMC services to the most demanding clients, delivering meticulously designed programs and meeting solutions. Being a part of GIS Group – Taiwan’s leading PCO, we are able to tackle projects of any size. Let our international team of MICE professionals channel the legendary Taiwanese hospitality into your events.
Take a look at our sample meeting programmes in Taiwan to find out how you can make the most of your trip to Taiwan.
Nathaniel Quah | Project Manager
Nathaniel Quah is a Malaysian born Chinese who is living in Taiwan for 20 years and skilled with local knowledge, she infused the essence of Taiwanese living culture into various creative events.
2F, No.316, Wenchang St., Sinyi District, Taipei City 110, TaiwanContact
Keep up to date with the latest industry news and take a closer look at Ovation's local highlights.
The O Interview – André Wiringa, CXO at Performance Solutions
Ovation Global DMC had the pleasure to meet André Wiringa, Chief Experience Officer at Performance Read more13 September, 2018
Fun tips to travel more responsibly
Responsible travel…while it sounds very serious and nothing close to fun, we’re here to show you that it gives way Read more4 July, 2018