IMEX America – What a Show!
Our feet are sore, and our bodies are aching, but it was a great week! 38 exhibiting Ovation destinations, 1021 individual appointments, 12 hosted buyer events, and millions of smiles and hugs. The teams across the world showed what they were made of and made every meeting special.
Las Vegas did not disappoint and showcases time and time again the importance of IMEX. Relationships are made on and off the trade show floor and the Ovation team and incredible Strategic Partners worked their socks off to deliver.
What are the key takeaways from the show? What did we see, and what learnings do we take back to our destinations?
- We’re back! If you weren’t aware yet, events are back – an incredible number of requests were placed with our offices and will be followed up on as soon as possible
- Demand for International is on track – Domestic USA events are through the roof, and international demand is almost back at 2019 levels
- Planners are better prepared – Planners have gained tons of knowledge over the last two years. Also planners are very vigilant on processes and efficiency improvements. Multiple destination bids are not pitched out to local partners until there is certainty on hotel availability and budget. Great news for local DMCs for sure.
- Uncertainties – Both economic as global health uncertainties are staying top of mind. Recession is a curse word and uptick on COVID cases are still being looked at but are not decisive in direct decision making.
- Sustainability is recognized as important but still has no priority in program requests – over time the supplier community has been pushed to get ready for planner requests being very much more focused on program sustainability. Even though it is still a key topic, most conversations do not touch on this subject.
- DMCs importance abundantly clear – The need for DMCs is more important than ever to showcase what is possible is untouched program destinations and in previous straightforward event destinations, and new destinations entirely.
Ovation Global DMC cannot wait to be back at IMEX soon!
See you there!