Ovation Global DMC is pleased to announce the launch of the Ovation wOw Awards 2019. The goal of this recognition is to select individuals, institutions or organisations whose passion, talent and expertise made the greatest contribution to the development and advancement of the MICE industry worldwide. This is the second edition of the prize. Winners will be unveiled on September 10, 2019, at the awards ceremony which will take place at IMEX America, Ovation Global DMC booth, Sands Expo Convention Center, Las Vegas.
The voting process is the following. An international judging panel consisting of Ovation Global DMC’s leadership and senior managers have selected the nominees for each of three awards’ categories:
- wOw of the wOws 2019: an individual, institution or organisation, which has highly contributed to the advancement of the MICE industry within the last 2 years by creating a favourable environment for MICE players to have an impact in their area.
- Leading Event Partner 2019: an institution or organisation, which has worked with any Ovation office within the past 2 years helping to deliver outstanding solutions and exceptional service, and has assisted in production, logistics or execution (e.g.: airlines, hotels, convention centres).
- Leading Destination 2019: a Convention Bureau which has worked with any Ovation office within the past 2 years and has provided great business opportunities for the MICE industry by transforming existing resources to improve the legacy of the destination.
All MICE professionals are invited to vote for the winner of the first category – wOw of the wOws 2019. They can make their choice online (click here) by Tuesday, September 3rd 2019, 6:00 pm CET. (Only submissions from business email addresses will be accepted). The nominees for wOw of the wOws 2019 category were selected based on their expertise and success in the industry:
- Carina Bauer (United Kingdom), CEO, Imex Group
- Natalia Bayona (Spain), Senior Expert on innovation and Digital Transformation, World Tourism Organization
- Andreas Huber (Germany), Publishing Director, CIM Magazine
- Eric Mottard (Spain), CEO, Eventoplus
- Gilmar Pinto Caldeira (Brazil), Founder of the first incentive company in Brazil and CEO, Honour Experiences
- Didier Scaillet (Luxembourg), CEO (Chief Excellence Officer), SITE (Society for Incentive Travel Excellence)
- Melissa van Dyke (USA), Departing IRF President and AVP, MCI USA
Leading Event Partner Nominees: Håbo Buss (Sweden) – Cvent (USA) – Belmond (Copacabana Palace and Hotel das Cataratas) (Brazil) – FIRA Barcelona (Spain) – Europalco (Portugal)
Leading Destination Nominees: Vienna Convention Bureau (Austria) – Switzerland Convention & Incentive Bureau (Switzerland) – Rio Convention e Visitors Bureau (Brazil) – CVB Madrid (Spain) – Algarve Tourism Bureau (Portugal)
Voting for the Leading Event Partner 2019 and Leading Destination 2019 categories is performed only by employees of Ovation Global DMC and other MCI Group companies.
Rutger Hoorn, Vice–President of Global Sales for Ovation Global DMC noted: “This is another important milestone for Ovation Global DMC. After the refreshment of our brand last year during IMEX America, we are now inviting you to vote for one of the nominees that, according to you, have greatly contributed to the advancement of the MICE industry within the last 2 years by creating a favourable environment for MICE players to have an impact in their area”.
Cathie Cusin, Global Vice President Meetings, Events & Destination Management for MCI Group added: “Awards like this help to realise the maximum output of our day-to-day work and create the community building experience for MICE professionals. Sharing knowledge of global markets and recognising achievements in industries development and advancement is the best way to create the future-forward mindset”.
Discover more information about the Ovation wOw Awards 2019 at Ovation Global DMC website.
For any inquiries please contact:
Director of Global Marketing
Ovation Global DMC | HQ
+34 664 229 992
About Ovation Global DMC
Ovation Global DMC is a Destination Management Company. We have been servicing associations, corporations and agencies in 100+ destinations throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, North America and South America for more than 25 years. With our extensive local expertise, creativity and resources we specialise in designing and executing your event objectives from logistics to exclusive high-end programmes. Our company is often referred to as the meeting planner’s guardian angel, ensuring the highest standards of delivery and critical planning for success. People and relationships are in the DNA of our company. Through our openness, passion and expertise we make your vision a reality. We make it happen! Find out more at www.ovationdmc.com.