- Besides the rich cultural heritage, Germany is widely recognized for its 5,000 different brands of beer, their 300 different kinds of bread and its famous sausages.
- Known around the world for precision engineering and high-tech products, Germany is equally admired by visitors for its old-world charm and “Gemütlichkeit” (cosiness).
- If you have perceptions of Germany as simply homogeneous, it will surprise you with its many historical regions and local diversity. 2,000 years of European cultural history have certainly left their mark in the form of Roman baths, medieval monasteries, gothic cathedrals, baroque palaces, art nouveau villas and UNESCO world heritage sites.
- A city of superlatives, Berlin has more museums than annual days of rain (180 museums vs 106 average days of rain.) However, the city has more than just one claim to fame: the German capital has the longest open-air gallery in the world, the largest department store in Europe and one of few cities worldwide to contain three UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Munich is Bavaria’s beating heart and is famous for its beautiful architecture, fine culture and the annual Oktoberfest beer celebration. Situated in the south-east of the country, Bavaria is the largest federal state in Germany and is what many non-Germans probably have in mind when they think about Germany. Ironically, most of southern Bavaria has more in common culturally with neighbouring Austria and Switzerland than with the rest of Germany.
Ovation’s team in Germany is made up of industry experts who boast a wealth of experience and knowledge of the destination and market, ensuring the best possible experience for international clients.
Ovation Germany DMC comprises expert DMCs based in the country’s two major cities – Ovation’s wholly-owned office located in Berlin is complemented by our Munich-based strategic partner, Weichlein Tours + Incentives. Together, these destination specialists offer consistent, seamless and world-class Destination Management services as part of the Ovation Global DMC group.