Small in size, Ecuador is big on natural wealth. It is blessed with one of the richest levels of biological diversity in the world. Not for nothing is it called “land of the four worlds”, combining within its four distinct regions an astonishing array of landscapes each with its own climate, flora, fauna, activities and culture; the mountain region of the Andes; the forest region of the Amazon; the coastal region of the Pacific coast and the legendary Galapagos Islands.
- Ecuador promises a wealth of activities for the most wonderful and rewarding experiences: a pleasant spring-like climate all year long, short travel distances, a friendly welcome from a smiling multicultural people and an exotic, breathtaking scenery.
Just some of the many compelling reasons to visit Ecuador:
- Rich cultural heritage – enchanting museums, art galleries and antique salons of UNESCO designated sites of Quito and Cuenca.
- Easy access – US and international airlines offer easy connections to Quito and Guayaquil and the local transportation network is reliable.
- Modern infrastructure providing the ideal stage for meetings and events.
- Fascinating historical legacy with convents, churches, monasteries and haciendas providing special spaces for exclusive events.
- Ethnic diversity – a true multicultural wonder, Ecuador is home to 17 distinct indigenous groups and 27 different ethnic groups, many of which preserve their languages and traditions.
- A nature lover’s paradise – Ecuador is one of just 17 countries in the world classified as “megadiverse” by UNESCO, with an incredible species of birds, mammals and orchids. The abundant Amazon and Galapagos Islands must be experienced to be believed
- Unique and delicious cuisine: the country and its regions offer a true festival of tastes to surprise and delight the palate
- An adventurer’s dream – only in Ecuador can you climb the world’s tallest active volcano, kayak Amazon rainforest rapids and crisscross the Equatorial line on horseback, all in one trip.
- Sustainable tourism – conservation is a priority in Ecuador with many opportunities to partake in the growth of ecotourism projects and contribute to the local economy.
One of the few places where culture and nature still have meaning.
A mini Latin America, the country offers a superb kaleidoscope of landscapes, magnificent UNESCO World Heritage sites, an immense range of adventure activities and an intriguing cultural legacy and tradition.