Based in Istanbul, Ovation Turkey forms part of Ovation Global DMC, the Destination Services network offering consistent, seamless world class destination management services across 100+ locations around the globe.
Known as ‘Asia Minor‘ in ancient times, Turkey protrudes from the depths of Asia into the eastern Mediterranean.
- Surrounded by the Black Sea to the North, the Aegean to the West and the deserts of Arabia to the South, this is one destination which isn’t lacking in natural amenities.
- Since the dawn of time, this land of mountain ranges, high plateaus and fertile river valleys has been the dividing line between Europe and Asia.
- Anatolia was also the nucleus of the Byzantine Empire with its capital in Constantinople.
- Here, early Christianity first took root only to be replaced with the advent of Islam, first under the Arabs, and then under the Seljuk and Ottoman Turks. This period saw the frontiers of their empire stretch from the Persian Gulf to the Atlantic and from the Indian Ocean to Vienna.
- An incentive trip to Istanbul wouldn’t be complete without a visit to one of the dozens of steam-filled historic hamams, or bathhouses, located around the city.
- Among the most beautiful is the 16th-century Kılıç Ali Pasha, which recently underwent a multi-million-dollar restoration that’s returned it to its original glory. One of 56 bathhouses designed by the legendary Ottoman architect Mimar Sinan.
- Slowly but surely, territorial gains were whittled away, until nothing remained but the spirits of the Turks.
- Modern-day Turkey is a marriage of the character of ancient Anatolian civilisations and the progressive secular democracy and reforms launched by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the father of the Turks.
- A fusion of vibrant Mediterranean cultures and the enchantment of the East, Turkey offers a wonderful combination of cosmopolitan international cities and rustic simplicity of village life.
Take a look at our sample programmes to find out how you can make the most of your group’s trip to Turkey.
Contact Ovation Turkey
Your contact at Ovation Turkey is Ufuk Tumer
Ovation Turkey, Ebulula Mardin Cad, Ülgen Sok, A2 / 2, Villa No:12 Levent, Beşiktaş, Istanbul
Tel: +90 212 270 06 24